A technical account manager at StreamGuys is responsible for managing all the technical aspects of a company’s relationship with specific clients. Whilst providing top-quality technical service, a technical account manager will assist in strengthening customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction.
A technical account manager will work closely with the business and sales account management team to win new business and increase sales. They analyze prospects’ technical and business requirements, as well as developing solutions that meet those needs. They may work with the product development teams to customize products for large sales or for individual customers. They might also demonstrate products to customers and explain how such product meets customers’ needs.
Whenever customers agree to purchase a product, the technical account manager would identify and provide the training, support and services such customers will need to make productive and effective use of the products. The account manager would need to monitor the progress of the service provisioning process to ensure that it is successful.
A technical account manager is responsible for managing ongoing support to customers to confirm that the customers continue to make effective use of the company’s products. They will monitor support requests made by customers to identify any recurring issues and recommend changes to products.
Technical account managers hold regular review meetings with customers for discussions on any problems and issues and report to other members of the account team. They will analyze customers’ support needs and identify areas where the company can reduce support costs and offer improved service.
By monitoring associated support needs and product performance, this manager will identify opportunities to modify or upgrade products so that they effectively meet customers’ needs. They report to the development team on product performance and advise customers on upgrades or new products that may be suitable for their business.
Technical Account Manager Job Duties
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge in support of post sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction
- Address product related questions and technical challenges
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business growth
- Frequently conduct and coordinate tactical operations reviews with client teams
- Act as the middle-man to support organization to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time
- Accurately replicate, identify, and document software defects with appropriate tracking system
- Perform quarterly Business reviews and assist in product trainings needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements for the Technical Account Manager Position
Below is a list of knowledge, skills, and requirements, which technical account managers should possess to excel on the job.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or any quantitative and analytical discipline
- More than two years’ experience in customer service
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities
- Ability to make right decisions based on strong analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members
- Strong ability to organize work schedule and time to ensure deadlines are always met
The ability to be trained remotely, and willingness to travel to company main Headquarters in Northern California a plus. This job is open, branch office to open in SLO by June, 2017.
Visit www.streamguys.com for more information, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org