Position: Junior Quality Assurance Technician, StreamGuys
Location: Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, CA
The Junior Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for testing and ensuring that software produced
by the company is free of technical issues and adheres to the development and style guidelines used by
the company. The technician will work closely with the Development department to assist in the
identification, documentation, and troubleshooting of issues that may exist in the products developed
by the company, providing critical support to expedite development pipelines.
Duties and Expectations:
- Validates product workflows and identifies errors in implementation
- Utilizes project tracker to document and track known issues
- Perform routine audits of products to identify potential unknown issues or areas of improvement
- Writes technical documentation of features
- Provides training support for new clients using developed products
- Assist frontline technicians in troubleshooting products supported by the Development Department
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements for Junior Software Developer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required or similar life experience
- Familiarity with frameworks and MVC architectures; Experience with Laravel preferred.
- Comfortable navigating the Linux command-line.
- Knowledge of code versioning best practices and usage of repository management applications like git.
- Strong reading comprehension and communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Time management and ability to work unsupervised on individual tasks
- Demonstrated ability to strictly follow code policies and procedures
- Familiarity with live streaming media servers preferred