Position: Junior Software Developer – Full Stack firstname.lastname@example.org San Luis Obispo, CA
The Junior Software Developer will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of existing software products and the design, development, and testing of new software products for the company in coordination with the Development team. The Junior Software Developer will build responsive web front-ends for applications with a mixture of client-side/server-side functionality. Applications span a wide range of services in the Internet Radio industry, including archival, creation, manipulation, and monitoring of both live and on-demand multimedia for hobbyist and enterprise media clients alike.
Duties and Expectations:
- Maintain and improve performance of existing applications
- Design and implementation of server-side scripts and processes to handle new functionality of applications
- Writing technical documentation of features
- Adhere to project tracker usage to document progress and issue creation
- Assist frontline technicians in troubleshooting products supported by the Development Department
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements for Junior Software Developer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required or similar life experience
- Familiarity with frameworks and MVC architectures; Experience with Laravel preferred.
- Comfortable navigating the Linux command-line.
- Managing web server applications like Apache or NGINX.
- Knowledge of code versioning best practices and usage of repository management applications like git.
- Strong reading comprehension and communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Time management and ability to work unsupervised on individual tasks
- Demonstrated ability to strictly follow code policies and procedures
- (Optional) Familiarity with live streaming media servers