Job Title: Field Operations Technician with Digital West
Effective Date: Jan. 15th, 2020
Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
The Field Operations Technician performs the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of voice and data cabling systems and surveys installation areas to determine cost effective design and deployment of optical cable and related infrastructure. The Field Operations Technician is responsible for making independent judgments where normal procedures or guidelines are not defined.
- Repairs, maintains, programs and installs telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and wiring per specifications, codes, standards and operational procedures.
- Repairs/installs phones, WAP’s, and other required equipment within customer premises within assigned area of responsibility.
- Accurately tests & repairs – copper and fiber cables.
- Performs cable splices for both optical and copper cables.
- Determines closet and equipment layouts and installs closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, patch panels and premise equipment.
- Follows up on Customer Satisfaction Survey results as needed.
- Maintains and provides operations support for site surveys.
- Communicates with dispatchers to receive work assignments and provides dispatchers with ETA for arrival and departure information.
- Troubleshoots situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or resolving problems while interfacing with multiple departments for problem resolution.
- Assists in educating and training customers, providing information to technical support and following direction given on Digital West products & services.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and tools.
- Manages and retains assigned company inventories and assets (tool, vehicle, parts inventory, laptop etc.)
- Facilitates tasks such as – pulling cable, terminating cable, trouble shoot wiring, loading configuration files, install and maintain all Digital West equipment.
- Builds, create, and maintain customer loyalty by providing the best possible service and support.
- High-School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of installation repair and maintenance of telecom and networking devices – including but not limited to:
- Pulling cable (Cat3 & Cat5/6)
- Terminating (RJ11 & RJ45) up to 100 pair cables
- Troubleshooting wiring and dial tone problems.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge in Windows Operating systems, VOIP equipment, and wireless technology
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with voice services and telecommunications equipment.
- Understanding of the OSI Networking model and other basic networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Able to complete personal research and operate in unfamiliar circumstances when required.
- Able to create a checklist and follow it in order of arrangement without losing track of completed tasks.
- Able to pass a drug check and background investigation.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow documentation written in English.
- Able to speak, type, and hand-write English clearly with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Able to lift 50lbs safely over your head.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to type at a keyboard, use a mouse, focus on a computer monitor for long periods of time without causing or exacerbating any injury or medical condition.
- Able to safely climb a 12-foot ladder and reach at arm’s length without losing balance.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.