SaaS System Administrator
There are countless software companies on the West Coast, but Comevo – based in San Luis Obispo – is one of a kind. Agile, innovative and responsive to our clients’ changing needs, our approach is simple. We collaborate. We communicate. And we create software – online orientation software for higher education institutions throughout North America – that is elegant, engaging and effective.
What makes us truly special? It is the character of each person — the individual skills, talents and personalities — that constitutes the essence of our company.
To continue providing our clients with software and service that are absolutely first class, we keep a constant lookout for innovative, industrious individuals who want to be part of a strong, diverse, productive team.
There are no benchwarmers at Comevo; everyone gets to play in every game. Our size — and our positive, professional and rewarding corporate culture — affords each employee the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s success. Your voice will be heard. Your contributions will count. And your efforts will be rewarded.
The SaaS System Administrator is a critical role at Comevo and is responsible for all external applications running on our cloud-based environments. You will be responsible for the daily maintenance of our critical applications and services to prevent any service interruptions for our clients. You will work directly with the product manager(s), development team, architect solutions based on needs, and integrate multiple applications. We welcome all applicants with a background in systems administration or engineering, application management, and cloud computing, with experience in providing mature and scalable services, preferably with a SaaS company.
- Execute – Define and execute plans to deploy new systems, tools & technology for our clients and ensure smooth adoption of these deployments.
- Vision – Collaborate in providing technology solutions, enable innovation and understand technology trends that impact our clients.
- Integrate – Ensure coordination and integration of workflow with operational areas and serve as a key liaison with the Product Manager(s), IT, Development and with the business leaders of the organization.
- Improve – Achieve measurable improvements in the organization’s capabilities and effectiveness to perform against expanding workloads and client demands for services.
- Create – Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive security and risk management program including establishing the appropriate security standards, policies, trainings, programs, and continuity/contingency plans that will impact client facing systems.
- Maintain – Develop and monitor back up processes on production services.
- Support – Provide clients with Cloud Services support as needed.
- Strive – Seek to improve customer satisfaction levels for external customers. Provide third tier client support for Help Desk tickets.
- Plus – Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge – Demonstrated understanding of the following domains/controls: security administration, technology change management, data management, business continuity & disaster recovery, operations & problem management, and asset management. Requires advanced networking knowledge and knowledge of messaging architecture.
- Certifications – prefer AWS Certified Solutions Architect or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certified Solutions Expert.
- Technology – Understand APl’s, SSO (Shibboleth preferred), web security, cloud computing, AWS, Azure, Application Hosting (Microsoft .NET preferred) systems and architecture, networking systems, bandwidth and overall internet infrastructure.
- Monitor – Monitor third party services (JangoSMTP, JWPlayer, Froola, JungleDisk, plus others)
- Maintenance – Upkeep of domain registrations, SSL certificates, server and database optimization.
- Strategic – Proven strategic thinker and experience leading complex projects.
- Prioritize – Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Evaluate – Evaluate technology solutions, select technology vendors, negotiate contracts related to technology purchases, and maintain relationships with technology vendors.
- Research – Passion for understanding, evaluating, and learning new technologies.
- Values – Respect and share our values.
- Organize – Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, document, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
- Amazon Web Services (specifically EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Cloud File backup procedures including JungleDisk
- Bulk SMTP services including JangoSMTP
- Video streaming services including JWPlayer
- Single Sign-on (SSO) including Shibboleth and Auth0
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Plus others
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Monthly Wellness benefit
- Matching Retirement plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Hours: 40 hours per week
www.comevo.com, email@example.com, (800) 748-0975
Comevo, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.