Job Title: Network Operations Center Technician with Digital West
Effective Date: July 24th, 2020
Reports To: Network Operations Center Supervisor
The Network Operations Center Technician is part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team and is an integral part of the company’s focus and commitment to supporting our customers. NOC team members are the “first face” customers encounter when they need support; therefore, a positive, professional, and helpful disposition is essential. The most important characteristics of this team member are reliability, dependability, and the willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting customers. The most important skills of NOC team members are computer and telephone technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to pro-actively monitor internal equipment for alarms affecting service. Team members must also have an ability to work with fellow technicians as a team and exhibit patience and good judgment. Team members are encouraged to pursue continuing education.
NOC Technician positions are based in our Administrative Office during weekdays and at our Network Operations Center (NOC) during swing, night, and weekend shifts. Those working at the NOC are responsible for the safety, security and functionality of the Data Center and other areas of the Network Operations building.
- Provide on-line and phone support to customers supporting a wide catalog of services and products including:
- Internet and phone
- Cloud hosting (Virtual Environment, Web, Mail)
- Managed network
- Windows Desktop and Server support
- Monitor and work the trouble ticket queue reporting status on a regular basis.
- Create, manage, and complete trouble tickets in a timely fashion, maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction and low-resolution time.
- Assess severity and impact of issues and escalate to proper technical resources when appropriate.
- Assist Engineering staff with hardware maintenance, testing and preparation.
- Provision and deprovision services and accounts for clients.
- Follow-up on Customer Satisfaction Survey results as needed.
- Maintain proper security standards, records, and practices as set by facilities by controlling access to the Datacenter to authorized personnel, ensuring physical security of facility contents and personnel, and monitoring status of critical security systems.
- Monitor and report on status of power, HVAC, and fire suppression systems in the event of a malfunction.
- Utilize, maintain, and ensure accuracy of documentation for services and clients.
- Assist various internal departments with service audits.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as required by the schedule.
- High-School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good phone etiquette and customer service experience.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge in Windows Operating systems.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with voice services and telecommunications equipment.
- Understanding of the OSI Networking model and other basic networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Able to complete personal research and operate in unfamiliar circumstances when required.
- Able to create a checklist and follow it in order of arrangement without losing track of completed tasks.
- Able to pass a drug check and background investigation.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow documentation written in English.
- Able to speak, type, and hand-write English clearly with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Able to lift 50lbs safely over your head.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to type at a keyboard, use a mouse, focus on a computer monitor for long periods of time without causing or exacerbating any injury or medical condition.
- Able to safely climb a 12-foot ladder and reach at arm’s length without losing balance.
- Windows Server (2008-2019) administration and troubleshooting including Active Directory and Remote Desktop Services.
- A.S. or B.S. in a related field.
- Specific Telecommunications experience:
- Analogue and VOIP service.
- Linux server administration and troubleshooting (Debian, CentOS, RHEL).
- Application specific experience:
- cPanel or other multi-tenant web/email hosting.
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
- SDWAN solutions (Unifi, Meraki, etc.)
- Juniper JunOS
- Certifications are preferred (CompTIA A+, Network +)