Tech Jobs is a part of the Tech Brew virtual event held monthly. The mission of Tech Jobs is to connect smart people to brilliant employers and create employment opportunities. If you think this sounds like a Softec Moment, that is because it is one.
Tech Jobs is limited to three jobs at each Tech Brew, and sponsors go first.
- You must register in advance
- Sponsors go first, then on a space-available basis, non-sponsors are called on in order of registration.
- You get one minute to pitch one job.
- If you register and fail to show up, you go to the end of the list at future events.
- If you show up late, you go to the end of the event list
For Sponsors Only
After the event, send a summary of the job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Job Title
- Job Description Summary (300 character limit)
- Job Posting Link (i.e., yoursite.com/jobs)
The submission deadline is 10 am the next business day after the event. Softec will assemble these submissions and send them to our email list of approximately 1,400 members. The key to this is the quality of the summary job description. The goal of the summary is to get them to click on your link and read your job posting detail.
Sponsors can submit a job posting to email@example.com before Wednesday after the 2nd Monday and will be included in the after-event Email.
For Job Seekers
A Tech Jobs event is your opportunity to connect with employers in the local area.
Softec Members can submit a pitch summary for the after-event Email. The Email should be sent to JobPostings@softec.org and include the following items:
- Full Name
- Pitch (Limit 300 characters)
- Email or Phone
The email summary of the event is designed to benefit our Sponsors and Members. For the Sponsors, we have a summary job posting linked to their detailed job posting. For Gold and above sponsors, those postings include their logo. Silver sponsors get a text-only version. Non-sponsoring employers are not included in the after-event Email.
The after-event Email is the most powerful outreach for a Tech Job Pitch.